Guide to Dental Implants | Southern Connecticut Dental Group
Dental implants are a great option for people who are missing one or more teeth. They are made of titanium, which is a strong and durable material that is compatible with the human body. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even a full set of teeth.
How do dental implants work?
Dental implants are placed into the jawbone where the missing tooth or teeth used to be. Once the implant is in place, it will fuse with the bone over a period of several months. Once the implant is fused to the bone, a crown, bridge, or denture can be attached to it.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
There are many benefits to having dental implants, including:
- They look and feel like natural teeth.
- They are very durable and can last for many years.
- They help to improve your overall oral health.
- They can help to improve your self-confidence and your smile.
What are the risks of dental implants?
There are some risks associated with dental implants, but they are very rare. These risks include:
- Bone loss
- Nerve damage
- Allergic reaction to the implant material
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants varies depending on the number of implants that are needed, the location of the implants, and the type of dental restoration that is used. In general, dental implants can be expensive, but they are a long-term investment that can save you money in the long run.
If you are considering dental implants, it is important to talk to your dentist about whether or not they are right for you. Your dentist can help you to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants and can discuss the costs and benefits of this treatment option.
Here are some additional things to consider when choosing dental implants:
- Make sure that you choose a qualified dentist who has experience with dental implants.
- Ask about the cost of the procedure and the types of financing that are available.
- Get all of your questions answered before you decide to have dental implants.
Dental implants can be a great way to replace missing teeth and improve your overall oral health. If you are considering dental implants, be sure to talk to your dentist about whether or not they are right for you.